Off Piste Insurance
- Search and Rescue Costs
- Hospital Treatment of Ski and Snowboard Injuries
- Insurance for Backcountry Skiing and Snowboarding?
- Comparison of Snowsports Insurance
This article seeks to answer two questions, why we need to be insured when skiing and boarding off-piste and which policy suits us best.
If you have a winter sports accident the following costs may be involved:
- Search, recovery and transport to hospital, first aid
- Hospital costs including operations, medicine and other equipment (wheel chairs, crutches, etc)
- Repatriation, return of children, replacement driver
- Third party liability
- Criminal and civil proceedings
- Compensation for days missed from holiday, including lift passes, guides, ski/snowboard school etc
- Lost and broken equipment